Sunday, May 10, 2009

Grandma's Visit

Our guest blogger today is Grandma Carol...


Me being silly while Jenn's taking pictures

Jenn and I have built a tradition of spending the weekend of Mother's Day and her birthday together doing special things. This trip has been a wonderful time spent with the whole Prince/Thornton family. We visited the Field Museum, watched movies, cooked and ate wonderful meals and worked on projects. I've been staying up late watching movies with Nick, and sleeping late with the twins, Sammy and Dean (kittens!). Nick and Wayne are now watching videos of a man who plays music doing hand farts....yes I was impressed too. The man is even accompanied by professional musicians. Chopin and Schubert will never be the same for me.

After we finish off our chocolate sorbet shakes, we are sitting down to shrimp and chicken alfredo tonight. Uh huh I'm not eating for the rest of the week. Tomorrow is back to work for a site visit in Cedar Rapids, IA then back home to Olathe, KS. Too bad for me.......
Grandma Carol


The Field Museums' main lobby and one of the corner statues had a Blackhawks Jersey one. These people sure do like hockey up here!

Me and Isabela - and - Me and Rhianna
Nick knowing what's coming... and me being spooked.

Yes just an Earwig. But the backend of the thing pops up and it hisses at you. Wasn't prepared for interactive bug displays. Made me jump!

The girls were helping the dino make noise so I thought I would give it a try.
Jenn taking pictures... of Nick taking pictures.
To see more of our trip to the Field Museum check out the pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/PrincesRealm

No comments:

Post a Comment