Saturday, February 20, 2010

Andrew's Visit

So Andrew had the opportunity to drive up from KS to visit before he headed to final training and overseas. He came up February 4th just before the big snow storm hit KS. He stayed until Monday before heading to Omaha to visit his Dad and then back to Grandma's house in Olathe. Nick decided to go with him to say "hi" to everyone and that meant that Andrew had to bring him back at the end of the week. They brought Claire, Andrew's girlfriend, back with them on Friday, February 12th, for a quick visit over Valentines weekend. Andrew and Claire left Sunday for the long drive back to KS. He then had to leave for a training base in Oklahoma (I think it was that one) for special final training before heading overseas. He leave within the next month and we all will miss him terribly! I am so glad he had the chance to visit! It was wonderful seeing him and meeting Claire again. Below are some pictures from both visits...


The kids all in Nick's temporary bedroom (the guest room) playing games and having a great time!

Yes, I was busy distracting them...


Nick giving me the usual response when trying to take his picture.

Nick usually has several games going at once on the dual computer screens, laptop and TV. Kids and their technology!

Isabela taking pictures on her phone and Rhianna hanging in the background.

OK so since I had all 4 kids in the same place at the same time I wanted to get a picture - something nice. Ha Ha !! As usual I took more than 40 pictures and I think I only got one decent one. Reminds me of the pictures I took at the lighthouse the last time Andrew visited Illinois...






As you can see I didn't get one of the 4 of them and the atmosphere disintegrated dramatically! Went from bad to worse... I guess I'll have to use the goofy ones for the Holiday cards and pictures on the wall.

Did get a halfway decent one with Claire and the kids. She's such a sweetheart and bravely ate the breakfast I made before they left. She ate the fried egg even though she doesn't normally eat eggs. Brave child - Nick told her! I love my children!

Then the boys got goofy!

And tried to drag the girls in...

Took a couple of shots of just Andrew and Claire. These turned out well I think! Especially with their siblings being ornery behind me!



Well that's all she wrote for the Valentines holiday. I hope you had a great one and were able to celebrate the love in your household! We sure did and the minute Andrew and Claire left we all missed them terribly. Sarah, Andrew's dog we adopted, was the most heartbroken. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he heads overseas for his Army tour. We'll keep you posted on his progress and hopefully news of his home coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment