Saturday, August 21, 2010

My special flowers...

The Amaryllis that decided to finally bloom, after three years of pampering...
Got the bulb from a fellow freecycler inn 2006 and all it ever did was grow green stalks.  I thought I killed it last winter when the green stalks didn't even appear so I put it in the garage.  Well in May the green stalks came back so I put it on a table by a window in our room.  Evidently that was the magic needed and low and behold a lovely flower bloomed.  Go figure...

















Then the tree in the pond started flowering...
I bought a couple of trees for the pond last Spring that had lovely blooms.  I thought I killed them by bringing them inside over the Winter (put them in the fish tank with the fish).  They did grow lovely leaves this Spring but nothing that looked like blooms, until June.  I waited patiently and then mid July on opened up.  WooHoo!!  The roofers knocked that bloom off the day after it opened.  Very sad!!!  Then the other opened a couple of days later.  Two days after that the tree trimmers for ComEd knocked that one off!  Couldn't believe it!  Evidently they are very delicate blooms and should be well guarded... in other words probably not meant for my yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment