Monday, August 30, 2010

A New School Year and New Schools Too!

The girls started school the week of August 18th in Bentonville this year.  They are really excited, very nervous and I couldn't be happier!  Isabela started high school on Wednesday.  Just the 9th graders went to get use to the school without the chaos all four grades would cause.  I went with her for a little bit in the morning (parent participation was strongly recommended and a lot of parents were there) and then headed back to the hotel to spend the afternoon with Rhianna.  There was a spirit assembly in the morning.  We all learned the very important "WE ARE BENTONVILLE" chant and met all the VIP's of the school.  Isa and I then headed to an appointment with the counselor to get her schedule and I then sent her off to her classes.  She is taking Spanish this year and is in the 9th grade Marching Band.  Other then that she is taking the usual classes which includes Civics, her favorite ( I say sarcastically)...

Explain to me again why I have to have my picture taken TODAY!
Isa if you smile it'll be all over with in a jiffy...



















OK so I lied...

Rhianna's frist day of 7th grade was on Thuray.  Isabela didn't have school because she went on Wedneday and everybody else started today.  I took Rhianna to school and she met the nurse again, picked up her schedule, figured out where she was suppose to be for that day (both the Jr Highs and High school are on block scheduling) and we headed to her locker.  She couldn't get it open.  After numerous tries she asked me to help.  I couldn't get it open.  We asked the helpers that were close by and none of them could get it open either.  This is not how we wanted to start the school year.  ;)  So we headed to her first class - gym.  The poor kid just wasn't getting a break for the day.  The day got better and she met some nice kids.  Her locker continued to be a problem so they gave her another one and all is good on the locker front.
















While still in the car I tried to snap a shot
- got the "kiss my a&$" look.  She is so good at that!














A picture taken when Isabela was 4 and Rhianna was 3. 
Playing dressup at Grandma's house.

Mom started a painting from the picture a little while ago and here is it so far. 
 Amazing isn't it!  Look how much they've grown!

No comments:

Post a Comment